America! vs. Australia!
Now, obviously living here in the land down under, I can’t but help make comparisons between the two great nations: America and Australia. Even funnier, there are so many things that we have in common! So many equivalents and so many differences!
1. Funfetti v. Fairy Bread: There is NO comparison, let’s be real. Funfetti wins all.
2. SUVs v. Hatchbacks: Hatchbacks win, no question. They’re quicker, more fuel efficient and absolutely adorable. Plus you don’t look like a total tool driving around in these.
3. American hipsters v. Australian hipsters: Now this is a tough one. I just don’t know. They both dress like bums (but actually pay loads to look like that), wear their ray ban waifers like nobody’s bizness, drink coffee at 3p and talk about life.
4. Vegemite v. Peanut butter: no contest, but if you ask any Aussie, they LOVE their vegemite (most can even sing the song) and ask any American, PB is boss. Since this is my blog, PB wins. And just for kicks: let’s enjoy this video…
5. Koala bear v. Grizzly bear: Tough choice because they are equally cute and equally vicious though I’m pretty sure most people can outrun a koala. And yes I know, a koala is not a bear…it’s a marsupial but they just look so similar! But I would say the koala wins on cuteness and loses on stinkyness whereas the bear wins on terror.
6. Tim tam v. Oreo: Oooooh, yea hands down tim tams win. Sorry oreo…as much as I like to dunk you in milk, open you up and lick all the cream filling (that’s what she said), tim tams have some sort of magical chocolate mousse inside that makes them irresistible. Here’s a video to compare (I hope you realise that this is NOT me in the video…it’s a random asian girl on youtube lol)
7. Australian beaches v. Californian beaches: Hmm, considering both Victoria and California experience cold currents (Australia gets the circumpolar current and California get the Alaska current) they both lose on water. Victorian beaches don’t have as big of a longshore as CA, so CA wins on this front. God I miss Santa Monica and Venice!
8. Australia Day v. Independence Day aka America’s Birthday: Duh, America wins. No further explanation needed.
9. Australian Football League v. American National Football League: AFL wins hands down…considering the fact that these men are HOT, fit, and did I mention hot? They wear short shorts that show off their amazing legs. Oh and I should probably mention something about the game right? Yea well here’s a video to show you rather than me pretend to explain the rules of the game. They make NFL players look like pansies.
Well that’s all that I can think up atm, too lazy to write anymore but this list will probably get updated quite a bit once I get more time.